Friday 5 October 2012

A Week of Buffy: Day 5

I think one of Buffy's oddest, but most lovable, characters was Anya. She was an ex-vengeance demon who found herself inexplicably attracted to Xander. They were such an adorable couple and funny as hell. Anya had very little in the way of people skills thanks to her demon days and Xander's reactions to her weirdness left me paralytic with laughter. Anyone familiar with the show will also know that Anya LOVES money.

Anya Jenkins:

  Anya: "Xander, you haven't been paying any attention to me tonight- just peddling those processed food bricks. I don't know why."
Xander: "Let me put it in a way you'll understand... Sell bars, make money, take Anya nice places, buy pretty things."
Anya: "That does make sense."
"The I in Team"

Xander: "Anya, the Shopkeepers Union of America called? They want me to tell you 'please go' just got replaced with 'have a nice day.'"
Anya: "I have their money. Who cares what kind of day they have?"
"No Place Like Home"

Willow: "I need help"
Anya: "I don't have any money."
Willow: "I don't want money!"
Anya: "Come in! Enjoy my personal space!"
"Same Time, Same Place"

 "We're all on death's doorstep, repeatedly ringing the bell, like maniacal Girl Scouts intent on making quota."
Anya, "Touched"

Anya: "I promise to cherish you... Eew, no! 'Cherish'? I promise to have sex with you whenever...  want, and pledge to be your friend and your wife and your confidant and your sex poodle and-"
Tara: "Sex poodle?"
Anya: "Yeah, why?"
Tara: "Um, I'm not sure you should say 'sex poodle' in your vows."
Anya: "Huh."
"Hell's Bells"

Anya: "Oh, crap. Look at this. Now I am burdened with a husband and several tiny pink children and more cash than I can reasonably manage."
Xander: "That means you're winning."
Anya: "Really?"
Xander: "yes. Cash equals good."
Anya: "Oh, I'm so pleased! Can I trade in the children for more cash?"
Mastering the game of Life, "Real Me"


I was so bummed when she died at the end of season 7. But at least she went out with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment