Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Week of Buffy: Day 4

What would the slayerettes have done without Rupert Giles? With his stiff upper lip and his knowledge of all things freaky and creepy, Giles was hands down my favourite grown up on Buffy. I just really wished that the writers could have given him a steady who didn't die. I think that a big part of my "blegh" attitude towards Angel came from the fact that he killed Jenny, Giles's lady love. 

Rupert Giles:

Buffy: "Giles, care. I'm putting my life on the line, battling the undead! I broke a nail, okay? I'm wearing a press-on. The least you could do is exhibit some casual interest... You could go 'Hmmmm.'"
Giles: "Hmmmm?"
"Prophecy Girl"

"If you want to criticise my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticising my methods!"
Giles to Wesley, "Bad Girls"

"I'm great with the pacing and the saying of 'hmmmm,' and 'ahhhh,' and 'Good Lord!'
Giles, "The Yoko Factor"

"[Snyder] thought it would behoove me to have more contact with the students.I tried to explain that my vocational choice of librarian was a deliberate attempt to minimise said contact."
Giles, re: involvement in the annual talentless show, "The Puppet Show"

Buffy: "Giles, you planning to step in with an explanation anytime soon?"
Giles: "Well, something... something very strange is happening."
Xander: "Can you believe the Watchers Council let this guy go?"
"Doppelgangland"

Buffy:  "We don't say 'Indian.'"
Giles: "Yes! Right. Always behind on the terms. Still trying not to refer to you lot as 'bloody colonials.'"
"Pangs"

Right, well, I tried to find a clip from "The Yoko Factor" where Willow officially announces to the Scooby Gang that she and Tara are a couple. The reason I want this clip is largely because of Giles. He's a wee bit drunk and after Willow's little speech, you can hear Giles in the background going, "Bloody hell!" I laughed myself stupid at that episode.
But I can't find it. Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment