Tuesday 2 October 2012

A Week of Buffy: Day 3

Today is all about Xander. He was probably the only "ordinary" member of the Scooby Gang, which I think made him generally unappreciated in the Buffyverse. But I can honestly say he was one of my favourite characters of any show, ever. He was so loyal to Buffy and Willow, his relationship with Anya was so sweet and so weird, and his sense of humour at the least appropriate times kept the 13 year old me from freaking out during the creepier Buffy episodes. Xander was totally my hero.

Xander Harris:

Xander: "People scoff at things like school spirit, but when you see these young women giving their all like this..."
(Amber, am attractive, agile girl, her feet on two chairs, slides down into an extra low split.)
Xander: (mesmerised) "... Oooh, stretchy. Where was I?
Willow: "You were pretending that seeing scantily-clad girls in revealing postures was a spiritual experience."
Xander: "What do you mean, pretending?"
"The Witch"

Xander: (yelling) "HEY! Riley! What's the..." (hand gestures) "... all about?"
Riley: (five paces up ahead, sighs) "It means yell real loud so the vampires who don't know we're coming will have a sporting chance."
"Fool for Love"

Xander: "So, here it is. The latest state-of-the-art combat technology. I gotta say, it doesn't look that complicated."
Buffy: "So, can you repair it?
Xander: "Sure. Just as soon as I get my master's degree in advanced starship technology."
Willow: "Well, why don't we experiment, then? You know, press some buttons, see what happens."
Xander: "It's called a 'Blaster', Will. A word that tends to discourage experimentation. Now, if it was called 'The Orgasminator,' I'd be the first to try your basic button-press approach."
"This Year's Girl"

"I don't get this. The candy's supposed to make you all immature and stuff, but I ate a ton and I don't feel any diff- never mind"
Xander, "Band Candy"

Xander: "You girls need a lift?"
Buffy: "What is that?"
Xander: "What do you mean, what is it? It's my thing!"
Willow: "Your thing?"
Xander: "My thing..."
Buffy: "Is this a penis metaphor?"
Wheels are key to cool, "The Zeppo"

Xander: "You were going to stake yourself?"
Spike: "Fag off. It's no concern of yours."
Xander: "Is too. For one thing, that's my shirt you're about to dust. And for another, we've shared a lot here. You should have trusted me enough to do it for you."
"Doomed"


So very many more Xander quotes but I don't want to bore anyone. I think it's enough to say that Xander is a very funny man.

No comments:

Post a Comment