Thursday 21 March 2013

Lover At Last: Teaser XII

Leaning in, Assail dipped his chin and glared. “I am not upset. Yet.”
One of Benloise’s hands surreptiously dipped out of sight. A split
second later, Assail heard the door down at the other end of the room open.
Keeping his voice low, Assail said, “This was a courtesy to you. The
next time I find anyone on my property, whether you sent them or not, I shall not be even half so polite.”
With that, he got to his feet and ground the lit cigar out upon the
desk.
“I bid you a fond good evening,” he said, before walking away.
-Lover at Last, pg. 104
I love him- I can't lie!!

The WARDen makes me laugh. She is so totally crushing on one of her own fictional characters. 
Not that I can blame her. Assail is pretty intriguing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment