Friday 11 January 2013

Did You Miss Me?

Because I really, seriously missed you. I just got back from my three week stay in Madeira to visit my gran. She's been living on the island for the last twenty odd years, and for the past three we've been trying to visit her over the Christmas and New Year period. We don't want her there alone during a time that's generally meant for family. The downside to the happy-family side of things is that my gran lives on what amounts to a farm, and the internet connection there is shocking. So rather than frustrate myself, I decided to go on a brief hiatus.
I wanted to let you know that I haven't abandoned my blog. I will be back in a day or two, but I need a little bit to recover. But, since I'm here, I'll show you some pictures of the places I visited. None of these are mine. I am too tired to try to post any of the pictures I took.

Machico
Santana

Porto Moniz

Porto Moniz
The capital of Madeira, Funchal
We went to more places but I'm honestly too pooped to throw them all out there. But I seriously recommend you consider going to Madeira if you feel like going on holiday. The people who live in the towns are ridiculously friendly, the island is stunningly pretty and the food is to die for. I practically lived on bolo de caco, garlic bread, the entire time I was there. It was divine!
Although, I'm pretty sure I'd reached a point where you could smell me before you saw me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment