Thursday 27 September 2012

Women of the Otherworld: Stolen

Stolen is the second book in the Women of the Otherworld series and man, this book was good! I could not put it down! Which is weird because, like I said yesterday, Bitten didn't sit well with me. This book was fast paced and action-packed, which I imagine will probably be the case with most of Armstrong's books. 
The book is written from Elena's perspective again and I really think she redeemed herself. Yes, she could be a wee bit callous but she did seem a little more human-y in this book.
The book starts with Elena investigating what looks like someone selling information on an authentic case of werewolf attacks in Pittsburgh. But she doesn't find what she's expecting. Instead, she finds two witches who tell her that someone is kidnapping supernaturals and holding them captive to "study" them. The witches hope to hold a meeting to decide the best way to deal with the situation. And Elena, oddly enough, has a hard time dealing with the fact that creatures like witches, vampires and half demons exist. But after a run-in with some of the scary crazies trying to grab her, Elena decides to tell Jeremy (the Pack leader) that they may have a problem.
The story progresses from there and Elena gets kidnapped by these "scientists". These people range from the crazy to the stupid to the misguided. 
We met a whole bunch of new characters who I adored. We didn't see much of the Pack beyond Jeremy and Clay but that's okay. These new people totally made up for it. There's Paige, a feisty young witch and her aunt Ruth. Then we have Savannah, a twelve year old with crazy powers. Xavier, the half demon who worked for the crazy scientists, was brilliant. Despite being a self-absorbed ass, he was funny as hell.
Just a little warning: this book was kinda graphic in terms of the blood, guts and gore. And, being the wuss that I am, it freaked me out a little bit. Just in case there are any other scaredy-cats planning on reading this book, I just thought I'd give you a heads up. 
I'm not going to read the next book (Dime Store Magic) in this series just yet but it is definitely on my "to be read" list.


No comments:

Post a Comment