Thursday 12 July 2012

Living Things

I have been a fan of Linkin Park's since I was in primary school. I first heard "In the End" during my "rebellious" phase. Even though I grew out of doing everything I could to aggravate my parents, my love for Linkin Park remained. They were my first real band, in my tweeny world of Britney Spears (cringe) and the Backstreet Boys (gag).
I have to tell you, their latest album, Living Things, is not the same Linkin Park that I first fell in love with. Which is not to say that this isn't an awesome album because it really is. It has Chester Bennington belting it out with Mike Shinoda rapping along. It's been a while since they did that. The last two albums have had one or the other, not both at the same time.
This album was super good, light-years better than Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns. But I still kinda miss their more "grrrr...." sound from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment