Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Chronicles of Nick: Infinity

Aaaaaannnd I'm back! Sorry that I've been so scarce everybody but I'd kinda blown through my internet usage last month. The 'rents threatened my life and limbs if I made them pay any more money to Vodacom than they already are. 
Since I haven't been on the internet for what feels like forever, I caught up on my reading. I've read two books so far, both by Sherrilyn Kenyon. 
Infinity is the first book in the Chronicles of Nick series. I really like this series. It isn't out of this world brilliant but it is extremely entertaining. Infinity starts us off by introducing us to Nick Gautier (pronounced Go-shay). Those of you who have read the Dark Hunter series (another one of my favourite series) will recognise Nick and several other characters. The story is set in New Orleans, where Nick lives with his sweetheart of a mother. Nick is what some people would consider "trailer trash" and because of this, people aren't very nice to Nick or his mom.
Turns out Nick is a pretty big deal in the supernatural world. He has the potential to be a true hero or he could be the guy who ends the world. It all depends on the choices he makes. The Chronicles of Nick will be taking us through Nick's journey. Since the series is an offshoot of the Dark Hunter series, it would be fun if you read that too but you don't have to. It just fills in some of the gaps.
I found myself laughing quite a bit in this book and cringing at other times. Seriously, I hope Kenyon is just using her imagination (which is pretty twisted) when it comes to the mean, petty things the "villains" in her books get up to. I don't like to think that she's had personal experiences like that or has ever dealt with people that... bleugh.
As an aside, I'm really glad I went to high school here and not in the States. Not to cause any offense or anything but American high schools sound awful


No comments:

Post a Comment