Wednesday 14 March 2012

"You're much too pretty, you don't need your mind"

My little cousin's birthday is coming up soon, so my mom and I went looking for a present for her. I have to tell you, I was disgusted by what toys and things that are available for little girls. They all seem designed to turn little girls into domestic goddesses come beauty queens. What is up with this? There is so little out there that is actually meant to intellectually stimulate girls. Is this all that we want our daughters to aspire to? I don't think I'm being a femi-Nazi here. This disturbs me in a huge way. What grates my cheese the most is the freaking ironing boards and a bloody mop!!! Seriously?!?! Do we really need to enforce these gender stereotypes where the woman belongs at home cooking and cleaning?


\


  Sorry, I just needed to rant. It's been bothering me for a while now...

No comments:

Post a Comment