Wednesday 28 March 2012

I Can't Help But Marvel VII

This particular character is one evil son of a gun and is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite Marvel villain. He lives to make Spiderman's life difficult in any way he can. He and his partner in crime, Carnage, are probably Marvel's creepiest duo. So last, but not least, it's...

7. Venom

Venom's human identity is Edward Charles Brock. Eddie worked as a journalist for the Daily Globe, the same paper that Peter Parker occasionally worked for. Poor guy got fired from said newspaper when Spiderman inadvertently revealed that Eddie couldn't report worth a damn. Eddie became a bitter and twisted man with a serious ax to grind with the Wall Crawler.

Eddie's "crazy" aura attracted the attention of the symbiote which had previously tried to bond with Spiderman. These two proved to be a perfect match. They joined physically and mentally. Eddie discovered that the symbiote gave him the same powers as Spiderman and then some. Venom's powers also include super strength, the ability to shoot webbing and a "spider sense" similar to that of  Spiderman's. Most importantly, Spiderman's spider sense can't pick up on Venom, which really works for Venom.

Venom made his first appearance in The Amazing Spiderman #299 in 1988. We can thank the following people at Marvel for Venom's creation: Dan Slott, David Michelinie, John Romita Jr, Todd McFarlane, Yanick Paquette and Zeb Wells.



Spiderman versus Venom




Topher Grace as Venom in the third Spidermen,
I'm sorry, all I see when I look at him is Eric Forman from That 70s Show.


That's it then. My descent into geekdom is over. Thank you so much for indulging me on this one. I promise my next couple of posts will be less nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment