Wednesday 21 March 2012

I Can't Help But Marvel I

I declare this week Marvel week. I am a little bit of a comic book nerd and the movie adaptations of these comic books make me ridiculously happy. So, I'm going to share my seven favourite Marvel heroes with you. Everyday, I'll give you a quick rundown on their history, who came up with them and what they look like in the comic book world and how they were adapted for their respective movies.
So, here it goes:

1. Wolverine

His real name is James Howlett but he now goes by Logan. Wolverine made his first appearance in the Incredible Hulk #180. His superpowers include heightened senses, retractable bone claws (now covered by adamantium) and accelerated healing, which has given him an extended lifespan. Despite being hotter than Pretoria in the middle of December, Wolverine has not had a whole lot of luck with the ladies. In fact, romantic entanglements with Wolverine seem to be rather hazardous as most of his lady friends end up... dead. 

He was created by writer, Len Wein and Marvel art director, John Romita Sr. 






 I have to admit, Wolverine being my favourite Marvel hero has a little something to do with Hugh Jackman. I mean, the guy is FINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment