Thursday 15 November 2012

Best. Night. Ever.

Sorry that I've been so scarce everybody! I'm going to be writing on Saturday and Tuesday so I've been studying.
But I have to tell you about the sheer epicness that was Linkin Park, before you don't care anymore. 
Firstly, the waiting was agony! I am really not the patient sort so this just sucked privates. My cousin, her hubby and I went the park and ride route. It wasn't hugely exciting or anything but it was better than actually being stuck in the traffic. At one point it looked like it was going to rain and it did for a little while, while we were on the bus. But then it cleared right up and, man, I did a little dance of joy when I saw the sun come out. 
We left Menlyn at about 3ish and arrived at around 5. I just want to warn anyone going to FNB Stadium: do not, I repeat DO NOT, eat the food outside the stadium. We were starving by the time we got there, so we grabbed the first thing we saw. Don't do this! It is nasty.
After we recovered from the horror of what we were told was a hotdog, we went into the stadium. There were so many people! I think most of Gauteng's emo population was there. And let me tell you something: emo boys are CUTE! Some sexy, buff guy had taken his shirt off for some or other reason and I nearly tripped over my own tongue. 
Moving on... 
The lines for t-shirts and the like were crazy long. Word to the wise: if you want to buy something, get there early. Seriously, the queue was halfway back to Pretoria. 
Eventually, after what felt like forever, the Kongos came on. They were pretty good. We had a "surprise" guest in the form of Jack Parow. I had heard that he appeared in Cape Town but I didn't think they'd have him on again.
Then, at long last, Linkin Park rocked up. I don't have words for how amazing they were. I think you had to be there to fully understand... 
The band opened up with "A Place For My Head" and it just kept getting better. I tell you, it gave me chills to hear the crowd singing along. When Linkin Park started playing "In The End", the crowd went absolutely insane. It was a beautiful thing. They played some of their new stuff but most of it was their old stuff. Honourable mentions for "Points Of Authority", "Numb", "What I've Done", "Waiting For The End" and "Papercut". The rest escape me right now, but every song performed was phenomenal. They had so much energy and passion, and it was contagious. The band finished with the rip-roaring awesomeness that is "One Step Closer". Afterwards it was, like, who are the Kongos? 
Linkin Park was amazing. 
I need them to come back. I'm already suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment