Tuesday 7 August 2012

Snowflakes Keep Falling On My Head

We had snow in Pretoria yesterday. This is a pretty huge deal since the last time this happened was in 1986. So, lots of excitement. 
Except... I really didn't like the snow. I had never seen snow before and I must admit, I wasn't all that impressed. It didn't look at all like it does in the movies. Plus, it was effing cold. 
Whoever is in charge of the weather is totally messing with us. On Sunday it was as sunny as anything. Monday was a little nippy but it was bearable. Yesterday it flippin' snows. 
This means that, once again, I'm playing anywhere but here. And today I'm going to Saint Petersburg (during the summer mind you).

The Saint Petersburg State Heritage Museum
This is awe-inspiring

The Marble Palace

St Isaac's Cathedral

The Winter Palace.
Holy cow, that is absolutely breathtaking.
You can find images like these in the Museum of Political History

I really want to go to Russia. They have such a rich history and the most amazing sites. Plus, I really want to see Lenin's body. Anybody know where his body is on display, if it still is?

No comments:

Post a Comment