Sunday 19 August 2012

Belador Series: Blood Trinity

I know, I know. I really need to expand my reading list and look at other authors. And I'm working on it. It's just that I love her books so much! So let me just tell you about another book by Sherrilyn Kenyon that I'm reading. She's collaborated with another author, Dianna Love. Does that count in my efforts of widening my reading circle?
Anyhow, the Belador series is about a race of warriors called, surprise, Beladors. They fight to protect humanity from demons and other creepy-crawlies. Among the "creepy-crawlies" are Alterants. They are Beladors but with a little bit of a twist. Much like Bruce Banner, if they get angry enough or feel really threatened, they turn into monsters. Most of the Alterants have been locked up. Many of the Beladors work for VIPER, the agency that sort of coordinates their save-the-world efforts. 
The story starts with us finding three Beladors in a cave. They are Vladimir Quinn, Tzader Burke and Evalle Kincaid. They have each been betrayed by a Belador pretending to be in trouble. 
Evallle is my kind of heroine. Like most of Kenyon's characters, Evalle has plenty of baggage. The only people she trusts are Quinn and Tzader. But she is tough and will kick your butt six ways to Sunday if you mess with her. None of this "come rescue me you big, strong man" stuff for Evalle. She can handle herself. 
Evalle is a member of VIPER, despite being an Alterant. However, there isn't a whole lot of trust and some of the other VIPER agents treat her pretty badly. Sen is the biggest culprit. No one knows a whole lot about him other than the fact that he's a bad ass. Sen is totally gunning for Evalle and he brings in Storm to be her partner, hoping that the new guy will catch Evalle in a lie.
Can I just go off on a tangent here and say that Storm is smoking hot?! The second he came on the scene, my first thought was "yummy".
Also yummy was Isak. He did do a little swooping and saving when Evalle found herself cornered by a big hungry demon. He's in charge of a little military type organisation which hunts and kills demons. 
There looks to be the beginnings of a love triangle here. It's pretty obvious that Evalle will play a leading role in it but I won't mention the guys. I don't want to give away too much.
There are a couple of burning questions...
What is Sen's problem? Will we find out anything more about our lead characters' pasts? Where do Alterants come from? Can we please skip the love triangle and have a HEA that doesn't involve an awesome character having his heart stomped on?
I swear I will move away from Ms Kenyon's stuff as soon as I've read Alterant, the second book in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment