Monday 6 August 2012

Chronicles of Nick: Infamous

Infamous is the third book in the Chronicles of Nick series. I really liked this book. It's a little darker than the previous two. Nick has to get used to the idea that his future self is a teeny tiny bit loco. There's a cyber bully who's posting horrible things about their class mates on the internet. Nick and his mom fight a lot. Nick gets beaten to a bloody pulp twice and gets accused of raping a classmate.  
So, some serious stuff.
But it's not all bad. 
Nick and Kody are going steady, although she's not exactly forthcoming about who she is and why she's there. But she seems to make Nick ridiculously happy, which is nice. Nick and Caleb seem to have gotten over their antagonism towards each other. This is not to say that they've stopped with the sarcasm. That still flows thick and fast. Nick is also becoming more adept at using his powers thanks to his lessons with Grim. It's so sweet how Nick goes out of his way to please his mother even when it tends to backfire and bite him in the butt. 
We meet some new characters in this book. My favourites were Bane and Adarian. Bane is one of the Four Horsemen (Pestilence) and Adarian is Nick's dad. What a scary dude. I really don't like this Adarian but I think I feel sorry for him. We also learn what happens when Nick loses consciousness (hint: it's not good).
I know I keep saying this but I love Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love how she takes the ancient legends and gives them a modern twist. I am seriously addicted.
As a just so by the way, Ms Kenyon's new book Time Untime comes out today in the US. 
Go get it!


No comments:

Post a Comment