Monday 21 May 2012

Move Along, Move Along

I absolutely love YA novels. I fed this addiction by getting a hold of Cassandra Clare's latest book, City of Lost Souls. This is book five in The Mortal Instruments and I won't lie, I'm kinda over it. I've just started the book so I can't say whether this one is a let down or not. But I have to say, I was underwhelmed when I finished City of Fallen Angels. 

I loved the first three books in the series. In fact, I will admit to being slightly rabid about them. But now it just feels drawn out. I think Clare saw the opportunity to push through another three books and she jumped on it. I don't think that this was such a good idea. Rather let it end on a high than to keep it limping along. I bought the next book in the series not because I was dying to know but because I had come so far with the series that I figure that I may as well finish it.

So, I highly recommend that you read the first three books. They are brilliant. If you find yourself completely dazzled by them, then you may enjoy the latest ones. But if it's something that you just kinda enjoy, let it end after the third book.

So, here the books are in reading order:
1. City of Bones
2. City of Ashes
3. City of  Glass
4. City of Fallen Angels 
5. City of Lost Souls
6. City of Heavenly Fire (hasn't been released yet)


No comments:

Post a Comment