Monday 7 May 2012

Guilty Pleasures

I am mega excited. So excited that I completely forgot my dignity and acted like a complete loon in Exclusive Books yesterday. "What's got you acting so crazy, Mony?" you may be asking.
Well, I'll tell you: I got my grubby mitts on Lover Reborn by J.R Ward. Yes, I know, the title sounds unbelievably cheesy. I read these books facing the wall so that no one will see the cover or read the title. But I do these things willingly because the Black Dagger Brotherhood series is my guilty pleasure.
It's a paranormal romance that is set in Caldwell, New York. It's about this group of vampire warriors (I can't believe that I just wrote that) who protect the civilian vampire population from the evil lessers who are trying to kill off the whole species.
 Lover Reborn is about the vampire Tohrment (all the Brothers have weirdly spelled names) who lost his mate in the war against the lessers. To say that he was broken up about it is an understatement. He bailed on the Brotherhood and went MIA for a couple of months. He finally came back (with his crazy guardian angel, Lassiter) and has set his sights on killing as many lessers as he can get his hands on.
I can see some people rolling their eyes here to the point where they're on the verge of going blind. But I promise, these vampires are NOT Twilight-y in any way, shape or form. This is not the girly-girl type of paranormal romance where the guy is this smoking hot stud with no flaws and where the chick is this beautiful, helpless (annoying) female. Plus, there are loads of other characters who are vital to the story, so it's not like the whole book revolves around two people. Lover Reborn is book 10 in the series. Please give these books a try. These are not the typical tweeny books that are so sickly sweet that they give you toothache. This is some seriously good stuff.
Okay, so here are the books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood in reading order:
1. Dark Lover
2. Lover Eternal
3. Lover Awakened (my favourite in the series)
4. Lover Revealed
5. Lover Unbound
6. Lover Enshrined
7. Lover Avenged
8. Lover Mine
9. Lover Unleashed
10. Lover Awakened

Happy reading people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment