Sunday 2 December 2012

Oh, My Gaga

I have to tell you, I am not going to forget the sheer awesomeness that is Lady Gaga anytime soon. It's like, all the synonyms for "good" wouldn't even begin to cover her performance. I'm pretty sure that woman isn't even human. Man, I was tired from jumping around a little. She was doing all kinds of crazy stuff and it was like she wasn't even breaking a sweat. 
I know there are a whole bunch of people who don't like her, whether they think she's the Antichrist or, less dramatically, they just think that she's a "talentless freak" (I cannot believe someone called her that). 
But I don't think that anyone can deny that Gaga gives her performances her everything. Honestly, if she performs like that at every concert, I don't know how it is that she's still alive. She must be exhausted! 
My favourite bits of the performance were Unicorn Highway, Judas (I get chills just thinking about it!), and when she brought some fans up from the Monster Pit. 
I also think that her performance was about more than just the music. She also spent some time just talking to us. I am honestly more inspired to be a better person just by listening to her, than I have ever been by going to a church service. The talk about just accepting one another and, more than that, accepting yourself just brought a lump to my throat. 
I haven't been to many concerts but Lady Gaga absolutely blew every other performer out the water. For those of you in Cape Town, you are in for a treat. She will give you triple your money's worth. Also, once she says she's done do not, I repeat DO NOT, leave! She will come back for an encore. It was kinda sad because a whole lot of people left before she was done and missed the ending. So sit tight peeps!
I wasn't overly impressed by the opening acts. Lady Starlight was just freaky. I honestly had no idea what the hell she was doing and, going by the expressions of the people around me, I wasn't alone in my confusion. The Darkness weren't bad. It's just that the only song of theirs that I knew was "I Believe in a Thing Called Love". Maybe I was just impatient for Gaga. It felt like were waiting FOREVER, but the wait was completely worth it.  
For those of you going to watch the show tonight, I hope that you have an absolutely spectacular time. And don't drink too much! You are not going to want to miss this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment